Do you want to know all the best makeup tips the pros are using? Check out these 35 best makeup tips to make your morning routine easier, we can’t make the traffic less on your way to work, but these tips are sure to save you time!
1. Just like curling a ribbon, you can curl your eyelashes by pinching your lashes between your thumb and a spoon, the spoon being on top.
2. While applying mascara, cover your eyelids with a business card, and move it back and forth opposite the way you are moving the mascara wand to remove clumps.
3. Place your pointer finger along side your nostril as you apply blush, you don’t want any blush there.
4. Placing tape along the outside of your eye socket can give you sharp lines for eyeshadow and eyeliner.
5. When concealing dark circles use a concealer only 1 shade lighter than your skin with a yellow undertone. Yellow will cancel out purple shadows, and too light of concealer will illuminate the circles and make them more prominent.
6. You can soften an eyeliner pencil by running the tip over a lighter flame, don’t hold there too long or it will melt. Allow it to cool for about 5 seconds before you apply.
7. To palette lipstick into a palette container, cut it into chunks and place onto a spoon. Warm the underneath of the spoon with a lighter, melting the lipstick. Pour into container.
8. If you have naturally dark eyelashes, you can substitute mascara with Vaseline by applying with a clean mascara wand. This will give you the same effect as mascara but be less drying to the lash, meaning less lash breakage.
9. Mixing Vaseline and eyeshadow creates any color you can imagine lip gloss.
10. Pumping your mascara wand back and forth into the container will dry out your mascara and create bacteria inside the tube. Instead, to soften dried mascara, drop 2-3 drops of contact solution into the tube. Still replace mascara every 3 months.
11. Instead of using a conventional mascara wand, which will leave the root of the lash uncolored, take a piece of wax paper and wrap it around the wand, squeeze the mascara off the wand onto the paper. Then, add one drop of contact solution to the mascara and mix. Apply to tops of lashes with a fan brush.
12. While brushing your teeth in the morning, also brush your lips. This will help to exfoliate them and the toothpaste will help dry any blemishes around the line of your lips.
13. Opposing colors are what draw attention to our eyes. For blue eyes, use an orangish copper color, green/hazel eyes plum color, and brown eyes may use any color.
14. Apply white or cream eyeliner to the inside rim of eyes to make them appear larger.
15. Run black eyeliner underneath top lashes to create a fuller look.
16. If your eyeshadow primer is still creasing, mix a little baby powder in it before applying.
17. To thicken eyelashes, coat your lashes with Vaseline, then baby powder, then mascara.
18. Blow dry your eyelash curler for 5 seconds before curling to heat lashes.
19. Dust translucent powder underneath bottom liner to avoid smudging.
20. When lining the lip, don’t exceed the labial roll (The paler line around the lips). Extending it past this line will look unnatural.
21. When looking at your brows, be sure that the outside corner of your brow isn’t lower than the inner, this creates a ‘sad’ expression.
22. Create your own tinted moisturizer mix your foundation with your moisturizers for a sheer look.
23. Lipstick can be mixed with foundation to create blush.
24. Apply blush with blush brush to eyelids for a quick matching shadow look.
25. Use a gold based highlight, silverish whites can absorb light and actually make the area appear dark.
26. Spray a clean mascara wand with hairspray and comb into brows to groom hairs into place.
27. Use a palette knife or spoon to scrape your mascara wand before use to reduce clumps.
28. If you have clear skin but get an occasional blemish, dot brown eyeliner over it to make it into a beauty mark.
29. To soften the edge of liquid eyeliner, wet a brush with water and trace over the edge.
30. To make false lashes look more natural, cut them in half and only apply to outside corner.
31. To create a quick ombre lip, apply lipstick, and press a lighter eyeshadow in the center with your fingertip.
32. Add sunblock to your foundation to be sun ready.
33. Use a blue-ish lip gloss to disguise yellow teeth.
34. To reduce overall facial redness, prime red areas with a green tinted primer.
35. Eyeshadow can be wet with water and applied with a brush as eyeliner, or as a bolder eyeshadow look.
Don’t miss all of our latest and greatest makeup tips right here on YSP. Did we miss something important? Make sure to leave your comments in the comments section below! Your feedback is really important to us. The more tutorials you suggest, the more likely we are to do posts like that in the future. Check out all of our DIY makeup tutorials, beauty hacks, hair tips, wedding ideas, and so much more! At You’re So Pretty we pride ourselves on delivering you the most groundbreaking beauty products and videos on the market! Check out out on Facebook and Pinterest! Thanks and we’ll be seeing you again!
Originally posted on June 19, 2014 @ 5:01 PM