There’s a good reason why the Spanish and Japanese love to sleep during the day: there are so many benefits of napping. From improving your alertness to boosting your mood, catnaps do wonders to your mind and body!
Time For A Siesta! 8 Awesome Benefits Of Napping
Let’s face it, ladies, chasing dreams and goals ain’t easy. Sometimes responsibilities are too many and the job’s too difficult and grueling positive thinking won’t cut it. Well, here’s a suggestion for you: why don’t you enjoy the benefits of napping? Once you know what they are, I’m pretty confident you’ll grab a pillow ASAP.
What Is Napping?
Before we get into the benefits of napping, let’s deal with the definition first. What is napping? It’s still sleeping, only it’s brief and light. It is also usually done during daytime (in which case it’s also called a power nap).
Benefits of Napping
The different napping benefits depend on how long you’re planning to sleep and your desired results. Sleeping time may range from 10 minutes to 1.5 hours! The goal here is you should not wake up feeling exhausted and groggy because by then napping becomes counterproductive. When done right, though, you can have these advantages:
1. Better Focus
Napping at work for at least 10 to 20 minutes is a great way to regain your alertness and focus. This can be helpful when your energy dips in the afternoon or when you need to drive home after work.
- SUPER SOFT & COZY: Get cozy and warm with this extremely soft and fuzzy fur blanket, perfect for snuggling up on the couch, bed, chille moovie theater, park or perfect personal gift for any occasion
- CLASSY DECOR: Add extra texture to your decor and turns your room into an inviting space with this simple yet classy elegant design; drape it over a chair, couch or bed to add an exotic stylish touch to your living room or bed room, many available colors allow for easy mixing and matching with your decor or other accent pieces
- BLANKET SIZE: 65"x50" inches, suitable for couch, sofa and toddler bed; fabric content : 100% microfiber polyester
- MACHINE WASH: Machine wash on gentle cycle with cold water,tumble dry at very low temperature, holds several machine wash and dry beautifully
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: We are very sure you will fall in love with this product, but for some reason if you are not happy with the product we will refund your money back no quention asked
2. Heightened Creativity
If you’re a writer, artist, or anybody who needs to squeeze their creative juices and think outside the box, you may want to take a nap for at least an hour. Based on a Georgetown University study in 2013, the right brain, where creativity lies, tends to be active when you’re napping.
3. Enhanced Motor Skills
Are you creating your resume? Perhaps you’re drafting a report. Either way, you can’t let those spelling mistakes happen. Make sure you have keen eyes and hands by taking a short break and siesta before you type on the keyboard as one of the benefits of napping is improving your motor skills.
- 🛌Super Soft & Comfortable: 100% microfiber polyester, makes the blanket super soft & fluffy, durable, and lightweight. It's wrinkle and fade resistant, suitable for all seasons. Your perfect choice for a cozy blanket that's of the highest quality.
- 🎁Sizes and Colors: Available in Throw, Twin, Queen and King sizes, the colors took much research from our customers, we know that Dark Blue Navy, Light Grey, and Solid Burgundy Red is what people like, and can match your seasonal home style and give you a luxury feeling. The color may be varied from different computer screens, contact with us if the one is not what you really want. Brings you warmth in a cold season, or give it to your family & friends as a perfect gift.
- Shedding Less & Easy To Maintain: Shedding is always a headache for blankets, the root of the problem results from the material of the fabric is different and the interweave between thread and thread, not quite a tightness, we update the technique, made our blankets shedding less than others in the market. They're wrinkle-resistant, made with shrink-resistant fabric & machine washable. Wash cold and tumble dry on low heat, avoid direct heat. Do not use bleach.
- 😊Take It with You: Snuz throw and bed blankets are perfect to use in different places, such as bedroom, living room, cars, picnics, travel, or even airplanes. We aim to offer users ultimate enjoyment with super soft wool-like feeling. Enjoy your life with Snuz Blankets. Our quality blankets take care of the moment you stay on the couch or lying in bed, accompany you every day and night.
- 💎Snuz Guarantee - We want to be the expert to bring you amazing living and satisfaction with super soft Sherpa blankets. We offer 60 Days No Reason Return, 100% No Questions Asked Satisfaction Guarantee! We valued your experience and if you are not satisfied with our product(s), please contact us, we'd like to hear from you.
4. Stress Release
Everybody knows sleeping is a great stress reliever, but how does power napping help you feel relaxed? It helps slow down your stressors such as your heart rate. You can also relax your tensed muscles, removing body aches. It’s the quickest amazing getaway you can give yourself – and it’s free!
5. Effective Problem-Solving
It’s hustling day! Meetings, brainstormings, product presentations, commuting – you name it. All these are exhausting. The good news is power napping can help you make sounder decisions as it enhances your creativity, strategic thinking, and focus.
- Packaging for this product may vary from that shown in the image above
- This item is not for sale in Catalina Island
6. Happier Mood
Do you remember the time when you didn’t have a good shut-eye the night before? Perhaps you had to work until the wee hours of the morning or partied so hard. I am sure you needed more than a skin hangover cure. You also didn’t feel chipper. When you are already grumpy because you’re SO exhausted, do yourself a favor and take a short sleep on your bed or the couch.
7. Alternative to Caffeine
If you can’t, should not, or won’t take caffeine, then power napping is the best alternative for you. It provides the same benefits! In fact, many experts suggest avoiding coffee during the afternoon to avoid disrupting your nighttime sleep.
8. Strategy For The Night Owls
If you need to work at night, taking catnaps in the afternoon will help you deal with the possible sleepiness later.
Although power napping is restorative and healthy, to maximize the benefits of napping, you need to do it right. Here are some great tips to have a restful sleep during the day:
Aren’t the benefits of napping amazing? Although NOTHING still compares to getting 8 hours of sleep, power napping can give you the bursts of energy you need to sustain the day and deal with everyday challenges like they’re easy-peasy.
What do you think of the benefits of napping? Share your thoughts in the comments below! For more tips on how to make the most of your work week, check out this post on how to stay positive at work.
Featured image via mikutas