I personally think that the best workouts for women are those that we can do anywhere, anytime. As lady bosses, we just don’t have time to go the gym! However, our busyness doesn’t mean we should miss out on being fit. If you are one occupied woman like me who is in dire need of flexing and toning your body, then this article is what you need!
Jam-packed schedule, appointment after appointment, errand after errand– these activities are the reason why you need a workout that doesn’t need anything but yourself. If you are working in an office, running your own business, or taking care of your family at home, you still need to spare some time in keeping an eye on your body. Your hectic schedule shouldn’t take over your fitness and wellness. Remember, health is wealth. You can’t stay wrapped up with responsibilities, you also need a little time to take a deep breath and be fit to get your dose of Endorphins.
15 Best Workouts For Women Who Have No Time To Go To The Gym
For busy women like us, going to the gym in is not ideal anymore. You have to change into your gym attire, and bring with you all the things you need. And let’s not forget that gyms are always crowded, which might mess up with your funk. But take away your worries now, I have compiled the best workouts for women that don’t require any equipment. All you need is a spot in your home where you can freely move, and yourself! Ready to sweat it out? Start now!
- Place your hands and knees onto the ground.
- Make sure your hands are just beneath your shoulders, your knees below your hips, and your chin down.
- Contract your abdominal muscles by exhaling deeply for 15 seconds.
- Exhale once more while arching your lower back, drawing your chin and head upwards for 15 seconds.
- Repeat 5-10 times as your warm up exercise.
- Lie on your stomach on the ground with your arms bent and your legs extended forward.
- Slowly lift your torso off the ground while keeping your forearms and toes on the ground.
- Do not arch your lower back nor shrug your shoulders. Keep your back leveled accordingly with your shoulders and legs.
- Do this for 30 seconds.
- Lie on your stomach on the ground, extend your arms and keep your legs apart.
- Slowly lift both your chest, arms, and legs together off the floor.
- Hold position for about 10 seconds, then slowly rest your body back to the ground.
- Repeat this for 3 times.
4. Basic Squat
- Stand with your feet apart.
- Place your hands behind your head.
- Bend your legs slowly with your weight in your heels, lowering your hips as low as you can with your head and chest forward.
- Hold position for 10-20 seconds.
- Repeat 3 times.
5. Single Leg Deadlift
- Stand on your left leg with your right leg bent slightly.
- Slowly bend your hips and your hands forward, and slowly lower your body as far as you can.
- Hold your position for 10 seconds and slowly push your hips back to the starting position.
- Repeat for 3 times.
6. Second Position Plies
- Stand with your feet, your legs apart wider than your shoulder-width, and toes turned outwards.
- Bend your knees until your thighs are parallel with the floor.
- Keep your shoulders down and back with your arms overhead.
- Hold position for 5 seconds.
- Slowly push yourself upwards, and back to the starting position.
- Repeat 3 times.
7. Shoulder Stand
- Lie down on your back.
- Slowly lift your legs and hips off the ground while your hands are on your back to support your body.
- Create a straight line from your shoulders to your feet.
- Relax and hold your position for as long as you can.
- Slowly release the position by lowering down your legs.
8. Forward Lunge with Arm Extension
- Stand with your feet slightly apart.
- Lunge your right leg forward while extending your arms, bending your left leg, and your heels up off the ground.
- Hold the lunge position for 10 seconds. Proceed to extend your arms upwards above your head, hold the position for 5 seconds, and back to the starting position.
- Repeat 5 times.
- Lie down on your back on the ground and place your hands behind your head.
- Raise your legs up in the air, and pull your knees back to your chest.
- Lift your right shoulder blade off the ground, straighten your right leg at a 45-degree angle, and rotate your left upper body to the left.
- Bring your right elbow towards your left knee.
- Repeat for your left, and alternate sides by doing a pedaling motion.
- Repeat 15 times.
10. Reverse Crunch
- Lie on your back and extend your arms to the side leveling your shoulders.
- Bend your knees and raise your feet to create a 90-degree angle.
- Contract your abdominal area and exhale as you slowly lift your hips off the floor, pulling your knees towards your head and above your chest.
- Breathe in as you slowly lower your legs down.
- Repeat 15 times.
11. Donkey Kick
- With your four limbs on the ground, touch the ground with your hands under your shoulders, and your knees bent under your hips.
- Slowly raise your left leg behind your thigh until it is almost parallel to the ground. Keep your right knee at a 90-degree angle.
- Squeeze your glutes and pulse your flexed foot upwards. Keep your spine neutral to hold the position of your back.
- This workout should be controlled and slowly executed.
- Repeat for the other leg.
12. Wall Sit
- Stand with your back and arms against the wall.
- Keep your feet slightly apart and in front of you to keep your knee joints over your ankle joints.
- Bend your knees at a 90-degree angle and slide your back slowly down the wall.
- Hold position for 15 seconds.
13. Cardio In Place
- Get into a running position, and keep your legs together and your hands on the side.
- Move your legs in a running motion, and lift your legs with your knees to the hip level.
- Start to run in place while making sure your knees level your hip.
- Pump your arms and form a steady pace.
- Run in place as long as you want to.
- Get yourself a chair or a step and place your foot on it.
- Press your foot on the surface, pull your body upwards as your legs are straightened without leaning too far forward, and keep your chest up and your core engaged together.
- Lower your body until your other foot touches the ground.
- Repeat 20 times.
- Lie on your back.
- Bend your knees and keep your feet flat on the floor.
- Slowly lift your hips up.
- Hold your position for 15 seconds and slowly pull back your hips down to the ground.
- Repeat 10 times.
You can also try this 10-minute workout by Athlean XX for women. Watch the full video below:
You can always choose which workouts you are going to do and sum them up as your daily routine. Or if your schedule is really tight, you can do these workouts twice or thrice a week. It’s all up to you! Again, you don’t have to forget about getting sexy and fab while being swamped, there’s always a way out with these 15 best workouts for women who are busy like you!
Do you want to find out something bad about working habits? Find the answers here!
More of tips for a busy woman like you? Check the related articles below: