Naughty or Nice? (Embrace the Untouched Side of Fashion)
It’s that time of year when we all should take a minute, pull on those cozy pajamas, relax and reflect on the year that was…great (and maybe not so great) when it comes to the wonderful world of fashion. And what tops the nice list for many of us? Just take a look at some of those holiday greetings brimming with “fam jams,” one of the biggest trends of the year when the whole family gets together for photos in matching pajamas.
Rock Those Pj’s.
The pajama game was one of the best fashion statements of 2017 on the runways and at home. It was all about getting comfy in floral kimono robes, wide-leg drawstring pants, and pajama top blouses. Dressed up with heels or down with jeans, what’s not to like?
Embrace Soft Leisure.
But just because we’re all embracing the “soft leisure” trend does not mean it’s an excuse to get sloppy. The new “track suits” showed up on the streets as well as at the office. Ditto for sweatshirt dresses, hoodies, bomber jackets and jogger pants; they all showed up on fashion’s “nice” list this year.
- Set Include Legging, Top and Jacket. Microfiber Fabric with benefits of advanced technology. Dry Fit and Shape Enhancing with Wide Waistband that creates Support and Comfort. Compression Leggings support that hides bumps and lumps for a perfect shape. Machine wash with like colors.
- High Quality construction with 6-thread double lock stitch seams. Breathable, hold their shape, dry faster than cotton and retain their color. Humidity Control, Cool fabric, Butt Lift, Compression pants. UV protection. Anti peeling. Perfect fit.
- Breathable, hold their shape, dry faster than cotton and retain their color. Shrink and fade resistant. Stretch to Fit. Soft Comfort. Shrink and fade resistant. Stretch to Fit. Soft Comfort. Tip: wear with seamless underwear. Rise: Mid. materials that lifts and contours.
- ONE SIZE, Recommended for Sizes XS, S and M. PLEASE note that how the Legging fit may vary by size (height and/or weight), MODEL HEIGHT 5'5 WEIGHT 140. Made in Colombia. 100% Authentic. Original tags may not Attached. FREE SHIPPING USA, SLEEK-MODERN Store: 100% positive Feedbacks.
- SLEEK-MODERN IS THE ONLY AUTHORIZED SELLER ON THIS LISTING. We are NOT responsible for ANY purchase made outside our Store. We have more listings to Visit, More Brands ( Fiber, Zolus, Drakon, Santo Rosario, FP, BodyFit, Mistura)
Get Comfy with Hygge.
Indeed, getting cozy in what we wear and how we live was officially dubbed an art, and “Hygge,” the Danish quality of “coziness and comfortable conviviality” quickly became a new buzzword. We stocked up on colorful patterned socks, chunky knit sweaters, furry scarves and puffer jackets. Ugg boots even made a comeback.
Get Out the Faux Fur.
The faux fur was flying in this cozy fashion world. The fake stuff has come a long way, baby, and designers got all fuzzy with luxurious coats, vests and even shoes that became stylish must-haves of the year. And what else was flying in on fashion’s radar this year? All things velvet!
Make Others Blush with Plush.
The plush fabric gave new meaning to the new interpretation of festive dressing for day and night. Why not celebrate the new “soft” movement with velvety capes and ponchos, dresses, tops and even booties? Expect to see velvet on the party scene everywhere this New Year’s Eve.
- Velvet trim softens the square necklines of a feminine dress styled with a floaty skirt and sultry sheer sleeves.
- On the reverse, a velvet strap spans the shoulders creating a cool, cutout detail.
- Approx. length from shoulder to hem: 34".
- Partially lined.
- Rayon/nylon/spandex; hand wash.
The Force of Fashion is With You.
And speaking of ponchos… you may see a few of your favorite caped crusaders zooming off the movie screen and into a fashion universe near you. The recent launch of “Star Wars: The Last Jedi,” has retailers inspired — and not just with Chewbacca masks. Watch for Star War collections of clothing and accessories to show up at Old Navy, Hot Topic, Columbia Sportswear, Uniqlo, Asos and State Bags. Clarks has even created Force of Nature high top boots for the fashion warriors among us.
And for those fashion trends making the naughty list? Well, there were plenty…there always are, but of course, a few stand out like thong jeans and even thongs for dogs, (yes, they do exist) glitter eyeshadow and lipstick (ick, ick and ick), the return of mom jeans (there’s a reason they went away in the first place), $800 designer bleached jeans (anyone spilled a bottle of Clorox lately?), one-piece rompers for men (just wrong) and clear plastic boots (double wrong).
And remember…if you didn’t get what you wanted on your fashion wish list this time around, there’s always next year!
Watch for fun fashion inspired by “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” to be one of 2017’s best fashion trends. Darth Vader jacket at Hot Topic.
To find out more about Sharon Mosley, and read features by other Creators Syndicate writers and cartoonists, visit the Creators Syndicate Web page at www.creators.com.
COPYRIGHT 2017 CREATORS.COM