One of the things I love about makeup, aside from buying all of them and adding them to my collection, is that I can play with them however I please. I can be all out and create a Halloween look , I can create glam looks using my favorite eyeshadow palettes, or I can create a natural makeup look that makes me look #flawless!
Master The Natural Makeup Look With These Beauty Hacks
Creating the perfect natural makeup look is just as hard as creating a complicated makeup look. This is because it requires a lot of attention to detail. You simply can’t just cake and layer it all on like how we all do it with our full coverage looks. So let me start by saying that it all begins with skin care. A good skincare routine will make it easier for you as there is less to worry about in terms of covering imperfections. With that said, let’s move on to the beauty hacks!
1. Natural Makeup Look: Base
- Always start with a good moisturizer and sunscreen. These will nourish, protect, and keep the makeup in place.
- If you want a dewy natural look, spread a thin layer of an illuminating cream all over.
- Opt for a really thin foundation OR
- just use concealer. Place it under eyes, bridge of the nose and other problematic areas.
- Blend product with your hands so the heat of your skin helps with the blending of product producing a skin-like base.
- Set the face with a sheer layer of powder–no baking!
- If you want a natural tan look, use a foundation shade slightly darker than you normal skin tone and spread it out evenly with a buffing brush all over the face.
2. Natural Makeup Look: Brows
- If you have naturally thick brows, just use a clear or tinted brow gel to set the brow hairs in place.
- For those with sparse brows, lightly draw brow hairs with a pencil and fill in with brow powder.
- If you want a more defined natural brow, use brow powder for a natural look.
- Always use a light hand.
- Clean up the shape of the brows with concealer.
- Highlight the brow bone with an eyeshadow slightly lighter than your skin tone.
3. Natural Makeup Look: Contour, Blush, Highlight
- Use cream products to define the face for a more blended contour
- Use a peachy-coral blush shade for a barely there look.
- Skip contouring and apply bronzer on your cheeks and around your forehead to give you a sunkissed look.
- Use a highlighter that’s not too intense for a more natural glow to the face.
- Opt for cream highlighters and apply it on the high points of your face using your fingers.
4. Natural Makeup Look: Eyeliner
- Use a dark brown eyeliner instead of black to subtly define the shape of your eye.
- Use a black kohl liner to line the upper waterline to give your eyes definition and your lashes added length.
- Use a nude eyeliner on your lower waterline for more awake eyes.
- Opt for a simple winged liner with using a felt tip liner for a thinner yet defined flick.
- Stick tape at the corner of your eyes to guide the shape and angle of your flick.
- Use concealer to clean out the edges.
5. Natural Makeup Look: Eyeshadow
- Use an eyeshadow primer and set it with your face powder as a base for your eyeshadows.
- Use your bronzer on contour shade and apply it on the crease with a blending brush for a wash of color and definition.
- If you want a dewy effect, use your highlighter shade and lightly dust it all over the lid.
- Opt for brown–always.
- Go for cream shadows for intense color payoff and effortless application.
6. Natural Makeup Look: Lashes
- Build thickness at the root by smudging gel or cream eyeliner as close to the lash line as possible.
- Curl and separate. A few key pumps of the eyelash curler will do wonders for lashes, with or without mascara.
- After crimping, comb through eyelashes to separate and fan out your fringe.
- Dust loose shadow on eyelashes for the final bit of mascara-free fullness. The powder will grab on to the eyelashes creating natural volume.
7. Natural Makeup Look: Nude Lips
- Use a pinky-nude lip liner to draw your desired lip shape and then apply a gloss or lip balm for the most natural-looking lips.
- Use a “my lips but better” shade and apply it with your fingers.
- Use a more saturated pink shade and apply it on the inner part of your lips for an ombre effect.
- Blot your lips with tissue paper for that “stained” lips look.
Check out this video by Huda Beauty on how to do your natural makeup look in 5 minutes!
And that’s it! I hope these beauty hacks will help you achieve a natural makeup look perfect for everyday! Remember, makeup is fun, so don’t be afraid to be creative in how you do things on your face. There are no rules! Have fun!
What are your natural makeup tricks? Leave a comment below!
If you want to read more beauty hacks, click here!