How does Gisele Bundchen stay so fit and beautiful? By choosing her foods wisely.
Have you ever wondered how supermodel and ex-Victoria’s Secret Angel Gisele Bundchen keeps her sexy figure after all these years? Yes, a part of it is due to her intense workout regimen which she follows religiously in order to keep her muscles toned and taut. But even more importantly, Gisele has committed herself to eating only the healthiest of foods. She, her husband and her children follow a strict diet centered around 80% plant-based foods, with 100% of her diet being whole food-based. Curious to know what the Brazilian bombshell eats?
To keep them on the right track, Gisele and Tom (we’re on a first name basis with them) enlisted the help of Chef Allen Campbell, the creator of Raw Body Foods. Chef Campbell plans the family’s meals, does their grocery shopping and then cooks only the freshest, most nutrient rich meals for the family. While it may sound miserable, it does allow for some creativity in regards to meal planning and the health benefits are second to none.
Gisele Bundchen Diet
In an interview with Boston.com, Allen spilled the beans on what Gisele and Tom eat, causing their diet to go VIRAL. People everywhere started hopping on the 80/20 bandwagon with the hopes that they’d, at least, make it a day. The couple has a serious diet regimen that might not be for most foodies. So, let’s get to what they eat, shall we?
Gisele and Tom’s daily meal plan consists of 80% vegetables, to which Allen only sources locally and organically-grown produce. As for the whole grains, he only includes quinoa, brown rice, millet, and beans in their meals. What does the other 20% consist of? Lean meat such as grass-fed organic steak, duck, or chicken. When it coems to fish, Allen prefers to cook the family wild salmon.
Allen never serves the family anything that’s been processed or refined.
No white sugar. No white flour. No MSG. I’ll use raw olive oil, but I never cook with olive oil. I only cook with coconut oil. Fats like canola oil turn into trans fats. I use Himalayan pink salt as the sodium. I never use iodized salt. Tom doesn’t eat nightshades, because they’re not anti-inflammatory. So no tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, or eggplants. Tomatoes trickle in every now and then, but just maybe once a month. I’m very cautious about tomatoes. They cause inflammation. What else? No coffee. No caffeine. No fungus. No dairy. The kids eat fruit. Tom, not so much. He will eat bananas in a smoothie. But otherwise, he prefers not to eat fruits.”
WHAT! Honestly, I don’t even think I could survive hours of this diet, but kudos to Gisele and Tom for really caring for their bodies and instilling those habits in their kids. I guess that’s why they’re the best at what they do, right?
Sample Diet Plan
If you’re looking to try this out for kicks and giggles or want to make a lifestyle change, here are meal plan options to kickstart your Gisele Bundchen diet.
- Organic brown rice topped with cinnamon, fresh fruit (preferably berries and melons) and organic almond milk.
- Organic gluten-free oatmeal topped with chopped pecans, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, and almond milk.
- Green alkaline smoothie.
- Salad with mixed veggies and beans for protein. Dress it with a homemade lemon or balsamic vinaigrette.
- Creamy vegetable soup that heals the stomach and alkalizes your body.
- Roasted vegetables over brown rice and a tahini-lemon dressing.
- Whole grains (brown rice, quinoa, or millet) topped with grilled chicken seasoned with lemon juice and paprika, covered in a bed of seasonal, steamed vegetables.
- Soba noodles with vegan pesto sauce topped with pine nuts.
- Raw taco salad with cashew sour cream, pinto beans, and walnut taco meat.
- Avocado with tahini, salt and pepper.
- Gluten-free tortilla chips with hummus or guacamole.
- Whole grain sprouted toasted with almond butter and bananas.
To avoid getting sick of eating the same thing over and over again, mix up your greens, change up your vegetables and experiment with homemade dips, spreads and dressings.
Leftovers from yesterday turned into a veggie soup. #worldfoodday #nowaste #momsrecipe 🍵 Sopa de vegetais com as sobras de ontem. #diamundialdaalimentação #semdesperdício #receitadamae
“Leftovers from yesterday turned into a veggie soup. #worldfoodday #nowaste #momsrecipe 🍵 Sopa de vegetais com as sobras de ontem. #diamundialdaalimentação…”
Making a lifestyle change is definitely a challenge, but if you’re dedicated to getting fit and being healthy, you’ve gotta put in the work. It helps to enlist a buddy to keep you on track and make the transition fun. While the Brady Bunch may have a personal chef, there are a myriad of recipes you could mix and match to make healthy, delicious meals that will make you feel and look good.